Thursday, May 14, 2015

FlisKits Honest John Build, Part 1, Parts


I've built one of these before, it is one of my favorite MMX models.
A reliable, high flyer.

My first HoJo has over 20 flights and is showing it's age.

The kit parts are high quality.
The body tube is supplied long and will be cut to size.

I was surprised, decals are not included.
Not a deal breaker. I'll print my own decals like before.
It'll look like the old Estes kit in black and white with the name "Honest John" down the side.

Why do it in the non-scale Estes style?
Because it ticks certain people off and I find that funny.

4 comments:

  1. "Because it ticks certain people off and I find that funny."

    Ticking certain people off is one of the greatest motivators of creativity in model rocketry :^)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lonnie,
      Ticking people off can be funny, some just don't get the joke.
      I take rocketry seriously, but not THAT seriously!

      Delete
  2. Hilarious end to your post today! I just got back after a few days away from the internet and I saw the blog entry about someone not liking when you post about your launches. I happen to think that's one of the coolest parts of your blog. I enjoy reading about other rocketeers flights of their models, their successes, and learning from mistakes they made (we ALL make mistakes!). Keep up the excellent work. Btw, I was wondering what do you use for your fin alignment? I know you wouldn't settle for anything less than perfect alignment. Just curious as to what the top dog uses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Daniel,
      Thanks for the comments!
      I still use my original (soon to be released) Odd'l Rockets FINTOOL for fin placement. It will even space 3 fins at 120 degrees or 4 fins at 90 degrees.
      The FinTool was the most difficult to make accessory I've ever put together. It should be released this Summer!

      Delete