Thursday, June 25, 2015

Alaska Update - Trip Home

I'm in the Juneau Airport awaiting the long flight back to Orlando.
The internet is FREE here, I'll take advantage of it while I can.
Hopefully when I get back home the blog posts will be regular again.

I ran into fellow entertainer Mike Robinson when leaving the ship. Mike is a great magician, comedian and ventriloquist. I apologized for not emailing him when I got on the ship. We sere supposed to meet for lunch on June 17 when I replaced him for the week. His response: "I wouldn't pay for that overpriced ship Internet either!"

I did have the chance to do some drawing, that's a feather I picked up while walking around.
I've started a major re-write of the "How To Build Model Rockets" feature now on the NAR website. New pictures will be taken to better match the new copy.
The fins for a new Carded Downscale were made. The body tube skin will be rolled on and test flights will be make when I get back to Orlando.

Update: It's 6:00 p.m. at the airport in Seattle. With a four hour layover I wanted to stop by the nearby Museum Of Flight to see the Model Rocket display. Great idea but I'm too late. They closed at 5:00 p.m.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Lonnie,
      I've been lucky enough to do the Alaska cruise a few dozen times. I've seen most everything available on the excursions so I spend some free time drawing landscapes and local landmarks.
      One drawing usually goes to the Cruise Director to say thanks.

      Delete