Tuesday, June 16, 2015

More Wire Hook Pull Tools, TIP

Lonnie Buchanon made a simple wire hook to pull shroud lines through the small metal ring on the end of a snap swivel.
The blog post is CLICK HERE

Chris Gonnerman commented:
"I have several rolls of cheap "safety wire" which I use for a broad variety of rocketry tasks. For instance, I use a long piece folded at about the one-third mark to fish shock cords through mounting eyes or loops deep inside a rocket; by using such an anchor, I don't have to keep adding glue every time a shock cord needs replaced, and I can put this kind of anchor in a rocket that isn't shaped well for the "replaceable Kevlar" anchoring system. I put such a loop in my FSI Sprint clone last year, and I pointedly did not attach the shock cord until it was done, just to prove I could make it work."


I made a Kevlar pull tool from a length of coat hanger wire.
It's probably used on every other build.

One end is a "U" shape, the other side an "L" bend.








Here I'm fishing the Kevlar out the back of the engine mount to check it's condition or tie on some new elastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment