Sunday, March 13, 2016

NEFAR Launch?

I didn't make it to the N.E.F.A.R. launch in Bunnell, FL yesterday.
Plenty of rockets, a chair and snacks were packed.
I got on I/4 just outside of downtown Orlando, hoping to drive North.
Orlando is in the process of rebuilding 1/4, something they are calling 1/4 Ultimate. Construction slowed traffic to a standstill.
I didn't feel like staying in traffic for an extra hour. It usually takes 1 1/2 hours to get to the launch site. A 2 1/2 hour drive? Not today.

2 comments:

  1. There was a fatal car crash at Maitland Blvd. You should have bypassed it. It was a great day. With split ranges, there was lots of flying to be seen. I only got two rockets up, but that was my fault for a lack of preparation with three mid and high power flyers in the family. The unstable hybrid rockets were worth the price of admission on their own, and the N powered Nike Smoke was a sight to see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Metalhead,
      I didn't know there was an accident. I just saw the traffic and construction vehicles. I'm glad to hear NEFAR went back to the split range format. I'll try again next month.

      Delete