Thursday, March 3, 2016

Thor Able Carded Build Part 16 TX Tube



The TX tube is a little hard to roll. This probably should have been printed on 65 lb. cardstock, I used 110 lb.
Here it is rolled around a small diamond file.






The TX tube is glued so it angles away from the base.
The outside of the rear angle cut is even with the side of the main body.






Two stringers were cut from thin wire.
The ends were dipped in a drop of white glue for placement on the TX tube and rear plate.







The stringer wires in place.
I didn't add the Gimbal motor nozzles. With the downsizing I had to do, the motor housings were too small to hold the nozzles.

1 comment:

  1. Great detail work! Reminds me of the Thor Agena I built when I was a kid back in the 60's, when we used sanding sealer and butyrate dope instead of CWF and enamel paint.I vaguely remember making clear fins and using my mom's clear fingernail polish as adhesive, since clear dope was hard to come by. Ah, memories.

    ReplyDelete