Saturday, July 9, 2016

MPC Red Giant Build, Background

I had terrible luck with the MPC Duck Dodgers Cadet Cruiser. I couldn't get it to fly stable even after adding nose weight. Since then I've seen a few MPC Enterprise rockets fly fine.

So, I've assembled and flown the Porky Pig Cadet Cruiser and built the Star Trek Enterprise. I refuse to get any of the MPC KISS branded models. I can't tolerate Gene Simmons and won't send any money his way.

This series of re-branded Chinese Sky model rockets didn't sell well for MPC. They are being cleared out by many vendors. I picked this one up for $5.00 in a parts order.

I mentioned this one looked a lot like the Estes Black Diamond. For some reason I like the design. I don't usually go for ARTF models, but for $5.00, how could you go wrong?

29" tall and only flys only with C engines? The rocket weight is just over 3 oz. According to the engine charts, you can launch a 4 oz. rocket with a B6-4. This might be a good small field rocket with a B.
I doubt the folks at MPC / Round 2 tested this one with a Quest C6-5.

The only thing that resembles the original MPC kits is the model name font and the line art parts illustrations on the back.

No comments:

Post a Comment