Friday, January 12, 2018

Model Minutes Leduc 22 Build, Part 13, Cockpit Struts



The supplied dowel is cut into three, 3" sections.
I checked the length of the dowel beside the canopy pattern height. it looked like the dowels would be too long at 3". I cut them back so there was about 1/4" on either side going into the punched holes.



The dowel ends were tapered for easier insertion in the holes.
The dowels were pressed in place. The upper nose assembly was set on the dowels. The chair was glued onto one of the dowels.


Before cutting out the wrap around clear window, I checked the fit of the pattern around the nose assemblies. Good thing I did, the pattern was short!









I lengthened the side and cut out the canopy from the thin plastic sheet.


I ended up using clear tape to hold the clear wrap end closed.
On RocketReviews.com, past Leduc 22 builds have mentioned that some glues won't hold the clear canopy in place. I ended up trying for a friction fit with some white glue along the edge.

No comments:

Post a Comment