Saturday, January 13, 2018

Model Minutes Leduc 22 Build, Part 14, Screw Eye and Short Coupler



The kit screw eye didn't look like it would hold in the short foam board shoulder. I used a larger eye from the spare parts drawer.






I set the nose section in the lower body. The shoulder is short and the nose section fell out and onto the floor.
The nose cone tip was now bent and the clear canopy came loose.

Maybe I can reform the canopy tip. That short, 3/16" long foam disk coupler doesn't feel like a reliable sliding fit into the main body.

3 comments:

  1. Oh no! You're almost there, Chris. Come on, you can do it.I was reading Chan Steven's EMRR review. If he can do it, so can you, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi BAR,
      I made a Mistake on this post, those last sentences were meant to go on the last post. There's more reasons why I gave up in the next few posts.

      Delete
  2. Going a bit off-topic with the actual aircraft, the thing that's somewhat of a head-scratcher for me is how the pilot got in and out of the aeroplane (considering there doesn't appear to be any obvious hatch of sort). I'd guess that the transparency (and everything forward of it) would be detached, and the pilot would squeeze the bracing members surrounding the seat.

    ReplyDelete