Thursday, January 9, 2020

Estes Sidekick #7287 Build, Part 5, Paint, Shock Cords & Streamers



The black paint was scraped off the low end to glue on the engine retaining rings. (I really should have masked off the gluing areas!) I used the Beacon Fabri-Tac glue here for a strong bond between plastic and the Kraft tubes.



The shock cord was tied off to the nose cone using a square knot.

TIP: instead of cutting off the loose end, stuff it into the slot under the shoulder eyelet.
This shows how the rolled loop of masking tape sits on the back of the fin for spraying. The root edges are butted up against each other to keep the paint off.

The way I'm building it, I have to spray one side and let it dry for two days. The fin is flipped over and the other side is sprayed.


The streamer is taped onto the shock cord with clear tape.

I like to set the streamer down on my work table and center the shock cord on top. The tape is dispensed oversize so it the ends can be held with my fingers. It is centered and pressed in place.







The overhand is carefully cut off with scissors.

No comments:

Post a Comment