Thursday, January 23, 2020

Semroc (Centuri) Excalibur KV-43 Build, Part 9, Yellow Mask



The yellow is masked.
The yellow bars are between the two vertical red bars. They aren't as tall and sit inside the ends of the red.







I use a Q-tip to press down and seal the edges of the Scotch tape masks. Take extra care in the corners where the tape overlaps.






When the tape was lifted I lost some of the red edges. The brown tape lifted them when it was pulled.



With the color masks so close, this was probably to be expected.




Some of the same red was sprayed in a cup and touch-ups made using the side of a good brush.

The Ace premium paint "melds" very well with the paint already sprayed on. On the left it shows some of the touch-ups.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, my.
    This is the kind of simple and dynamic livery i
    I can really get behind! Looks fantastic, Chris!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Overeasy,
      It came out better than expected - I normally wouldn't combine red and yellow on a rocket. I used to find red and yellow Estes parachutes in a kit and cringe. But set vertically the colors seem to work.
      The decals (upcoming) may have added too much, the fourth color black. If I built it again, I'd use less but was trying for the catalog look. The Semroc face card illustration was too plain.

      Delete