Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Semroc V2 Build, Finished With Decals

I was waiting to tag these "47"s onto another decal print, they certainly wouldn't take up a whole sheet. I printed these at the bottom of the upcoming Excalibur build decals.

TIP: This is a trick I learned from the Centuri Saturn V instructions. To see it, got to Page 11: CLICK HERE 
There are the small A, B, C & D decals on the SV fins. A template is supplied in the kit to give you a visual placement reference.
I traced the V2 fin outline, cut it out then cut out a centering square for the 47s. With this piece set into the root edge I could place the eight decals consistently.


Many rocket building techniques have helped with home improvements. I used the same card stock template idea to mark the corners of my cabinets before drilling through the wood doors.
Fin fillet practice makes for even caulking lines around baseboards!






Here's the totallly finished V2 with the small #47s on both sides of all four fins.

No comments:

Post a Comment