Thursday, May 7, 2020

My First Catalog!


Kurt Affholter posted this on the Facebook, Estes Model rockets page:
"Anybody ever see these?"

This was the first model rocket catalog I ever saw. I was peeking over the shoulder of the classmate seated in front of me. He was supposed to be reading his class materials, but sneaked this Estes catalog inside his binder.

This was a temporary catalog:
"We have run out of our 1968 catalogs, and our new 1969 catalog is not yet completed. You will automatically be mailed your new catalog as soon as it is available, sometime in April."


Each page in this black and white catalog had four small (reduced size) catalog pages.

If this was 1968, I would have been 12 years old in the seventh grade. With the upcoming Moon landing, model rocketry sales were at their peak! 

No comments:

Post a Comment