Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Semroc Aerobee-Hi KV-2 Build, Part 6, Masking & Color , DANG!




Here's the build so far - ready for masking and paint!

First, an overall gloss white.






Notice the black fin -
The leading edge paint continues and goes under the bottom of the tunnel. This also happens on the two white fins.






It took a few pieces of tape to go over the tunnel and up to the root edge. On the back end two more strips of tape.

Masking tape covered up most of the two white fins.





Here's what it looked like when the tape was pulled.
The mask line didn't end up down the center of the root edge fillet. On other places the paint lifted outside the mask lines.

DANG! (not what I really said.)

5 comments:

  1. I'm in the middle of a painting nightmare, right now, myself. I cannot get the Duplicolor engine ceramic to lay down smooth for the life of me . It's the first time I've used it, so maybe that's normal. I don't know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Metal,
      Painting is such a crap shoot anymore! Krylon isn't what it once was and Rusto can be inconsistent.

      Delete