Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Semroc Aerobee-Hi KV-2 Build, Part 7, Double-DANG!



I lightly sanded the mask line ridges and re-sprayed the gloss white on two fins.
The third fin (orange on the left) should end up being black.







This rocket is cursed I tell 'ya! 
I keep my fingernails short but still scarred the balsa nose cone.
Light sanding, some CWF and more light sanding prepped it for another overall white shot to be followed by more silver.



The fins were masked off a second time!
The time I simply squared off the high corner of the leading edge.

I could live with the root edge mask line on two facing fins (see left)

That root edge of the fin on the right was low and rough!

I'm setting this one aside for now - fingers crossed for better results on the next build starting tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment