Thursday, July 2, 2020

Estes Mars Longship Build #7296, Part 3, Parts Prep 2


The large nozzle has the ends cut off.
To be safe, I mark the cut lines with pencil.

I use a fine tooth razor saw, then smooth the rough ends with a sanding block.



The large ring has an outside seam that should be filled.
The inside of the ring is visible on the finished model so I also filled the interior seam.


The inside ring seam fill was sanded with some 400 grit wrapped around an engine casing.

A rolled "burr" remained on the inside edge from when the ring was cut. The burr was also sanded down, even with the inside tube wall.

2 comments:

  1. One of the problems I've encountered are very out-of-round rings due to package settling - they end up in an oblong state. They're difficult to fix at times. Anyone encounter similar issues?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anonymous,
      I've also seen out of round rings before. This kit comes in a box so it should be protected.

      Delete