Tuesday, July 28, 2020

NARAM Manufacturer Forum - New Products


I tried to get in on the virtual NARAM Manufacturer's Forum last night,
but the NARAM website wouldn't load!
Here's some of the comments from TRF this morning from some who did see it:


Scott650 started:
Couple or four interesting tidbits out of the Manufacturer’s Forum webinar popped up on TRF from forum members CWBullet and Afadeev - MDRM is returning! Along with the much rumored and discussed Saturn 1b and Falcon Heavy. 29mm motors will be back on the shelves soon along with, finally, improved initiators/starters!!

Blushing Mule (Bob) wrote:
That was a great session...
ASP is looking good.
Never heard of Eggtimer Rocketry, may have to plug in the soldering iron.
Estes is still kickin' butt.
E-Rockets-Semroc is planning new up-scales of a few classics.
New Way's Saturn IV... and the Steamliner. I hope they do that triangular tubed model.
Frank Burke's Red Max glider was neat, but his X-15 is just wonderful!
Many thanks to Ed LaCroix for running the show!
Bob
p.s. Gary Rosefield mentioned a new I-65 with ejection as opposed to plugged...


tbzep wrote:
Some of you are going to go nuts...
eRockets just announced a "pro" upscale of the Blue Bird Zero and the Orbital Transport!

Snaquin followed:
I asked Randy During the Q&A “Any plans for any future SEMROC SLS kit releases? And he replied with a flat out NO, but we will have more of the PRO kit releases and brought out the Blue Bird Zero and the Orbital Transport! Those kits are HUGE.

My take:
ESTES:
I've heard the Estes 1/100 scale Saturn 1B will be released around Black Friday (late November) The Estes Maxi Der Red Max will be a smaller 3" tube model, not a 4" diameter like before. The upgraded "Starters" won't have a sparking black pyrogen tip, but will be more "energetic".
NEW WAY:
The Saturn IV is a square body version of the Saturn V. I haven't seen the Steamliner yet.
SEMROC:
Semroc will now have three different sizes of the Blue Bird Zero and Orbital Transport. Micro Maxx, standard and the big upscale.

13 comments:

  1. Hmm...? Estes must have licensing from SpaceX now? Other rumors are the Mercury Atlas from Estes (I guess it won the online poll), and a Scissor Wing Transport from eRockets. The Pro Orbital Transport prototype was show somewhere on a Facebook post. Similar to the Hawks Hobby upscale. I think these classic upscales are great, and fill a need in the mid-power range.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw a prototype of the Scissor Wing fly on Saturday. Worked beautifully, likely because it was built beautifully by Phil Queen.

      Delete
    2. Hi Bill,
      Years back I was very surprised how well the original Scissor Wing flew. Fast glide, but it did glide!

      Delete
    3. Hi Anonymous,
      It sure sounds like Estes got the Space X licensing! I know they'll be better than that first kit was.

      Delete
  2. I was on last night. The Blue Bird Zero is freaking enormous! Lots of cool stuff from Estes coming out.

    And New Way is experimenting with a possible triangular tube to add to the lineup. The Saturn IV also looks pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Estes, eRockets, New Way... Looks like a lot of The Model Rocket Show episodes!

      Delete
    2. Hey Daniel,
      Let me know if you need an Model Rocket show episode from me -

      Delete
  3. Also, mentioned by Bernard Cawley - BEC on YORF - an upscaled Mars Snooper coming from Estes. The new Astrocam has already appeared on Target store shelves - $59.99 for the starter set.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The upscale Mars Snooper is a surprise coming from Estes. That was another candidate I would have pegged eRockets to do. I need a second job!

      Delete
  4. I hope this will be released on YouTube, so the rest of us, can watch it. From the sound of it, I'm going to need another house to store my rockets , and more launches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Metal,
      It's here!
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIt9u6sPh9E&feature=youtu.be

      Delete
  5. Hm... three-sided airframe tubes -- I think that's worth a tri.

    ReplyDelete