Saturday, July 25, 2020

Estes Tazz #7282 Build, Finished



Compared to the original Gyroc, I like the larger size of the new Tazz.

The new plastic hinges are much more flexible and won't easily crack like the older paper ones.
The fin silhouette is almost identical to the original Gyroc, just larger. The leading edge outside corner on the Gyroc wing and vertical stabs were rounded.
The Tazz balsa is 3/32" thick, the Gyroc was 1/16".
The older Rocketeers will remember this color and decals from the old catalogs. I wasn't too hot about the new decals so I went old school.
The upper body and nose cone picture shows how well the wrap decal matched up. The start and finish of these tube wraps don't always end with equal spacing.

These decals will be available to Patreon members, give me a day or two to finish up the drawings.
Email me at: oddlrockets@bellsouth.net and ask for the Gyroc/Tazz decals PDF.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Chris!:

    I LIKE that! Don't really like the stock scheme either. I may try to do the candy cane version on mine, still undecided.

    Sincerely,
    J.W.

    ReplyDelete