Sunday, January 24, 2021

Estes Twin Factor #7250, Build, Part 1, Parts




Here's an interesting model. High drag saucer shape. 
It could be a great two stage rocket for a small field.

The kit face card says it will reach 150 feet!
I'd probably fly it with the A10-0t booster and A3-4t for the sustainer.


No balsa, lots of laser-cut cardstock!
The main body tubes are BT-5s.


Parts of interest:
Lots of decals, many separate pieces to fit around the top of the saucer body.
Four sheets of laser-cut cardstock. Heavy card stock for the fins and "saucer" base. Thinner card stock for the angled top saucer shrouds.
The two 1/2" tall tube segments, almost 3 1/2" diameter.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Chris,
    Glad to see you're going to build this kit. I'm going to start this one myself. I like small fielder flyers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mole,
      I've already launched it single stage. It is surprisingly strong for a cardstock rocket.

      Delete
  2. I have one of these in my way too big bud pile. Can't wait to see how it comes along.

    ReplyDelete