Thursday, August 25, 2011

260 Space Booster Build Part 2 Shrouds

Two shrouds were made using the Transition Tool at PayloadBay.com
http://www.payloadbay.com/index.php?page=Tools&action=TRANS

I wanted to use dimensions from the plans, but the first print I made wasn't correct.
I checked the printed fin marking guide by wrapping it around the lower BT-60 tube and it came up 1/8" short.

I made another print and this one was right.
Now I could measure off the plans and plot the correct numbers into the Payload Bay transition tool.

Here's the correct dimensions, or as close as I could measure the length of the two shrouds:
Shroud #1 BT-20 .736" to BT-60 1.637"
Length 0.70"
Shroud #2 BT-20 .736" to BT-60 1.637"
Length 1.6"

TIP: One side of the 110 lb. cardstock is smoother than the other. Try to print on the rougher side. When forming the shroud, form it with the rougher printed side on the inside.
This way the outside of the shroud will be smoother with no black ink lines to cover with paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment