Sunday, August 14, 2011

Rocket Mail from South Africa


Recently I received an Email from Heinrich in South Africa.
He came across my Estes Saturn V build when doing some image searches. I sent him the PDF scans of the shrouds and some downscaled plans.

Check out this paragraph regarding getting engines sent to South Africa:

"I am in South Africa and I am still trying to figure out a way to get the engines here. I had some Estes Rockets about 15 years ago and then it was much easier to ship the engines – now safety and security is a major thing.
I got 2 quotes of about $1500 to ship 6 engines to South Africa! So for now I am just building the models and will figure out a way eventually to get the engines here."

Kind Regards
Heinrich

Thanks for reading Heinrich!
And I thought it was hard to get engines into California in 1969!

1 comment:

  1. This comment is actually from Sascha Grant. It was lost in some editing and copied here:
    Hi Chris,
    Here's a club in South Africa that Heinrich may be interested in: http://www.rocketry.co.za/saasa/index.htm According to their website, you can order propellant from them for use at launches. Might be a little cheaper ;)
    By Sascha Grant on Email from South Africa at 3:36 AM

    ReplyDelete