Friday, October 21, 2011

Batter Up Build Part 1 Parts




Yeah I know - the Estes POP FLY rocket was too cute for many.

Still after reading reviews on Rocketreviews.com, many say it was fun to try to catch the ball at recovery.




I got my bat and ball for $1.00 at the Dollar Tree store. The bat handle looked to be a close fit for a BT-20. The bat is just over 24" long, the ball is 2 1/2" diameter.
There was some problem solving on this build and some very appropriate fins had to be made. I wanted fins that would reflect a baseball theme, not just some rounded plastic fins like in the Estes kit.

It'll be a challenge to get all the rocket parts to fit and stick to the plastic bat.
This will be a spare parts build. I didn't take a picture of all the parts laid out. Things will be pulled from my spare parts box as I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment