Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Custom Nomad Built Part 13 Change Of Plan!

As it turned out, my mask line was too short and the brown tube was peeking out from under the centering rings!
I'll take the easy way out and use some trim MonoKote on the interior tube, something I probably should have planned on in the first place.
The silver was sanded down on the rear of the model in preparation for the fin gluing. Trim MonoKote will be used between the fins.




After the fins were glued on, aluminum trim MonoKote was cut and placed between the fins.





I allowed for a little overlap up and onto the fin above the root edge.
This little bit of MonoKote onto the fin will add strength and will be covered up with the solar panel sticker.

JeffyJeep on TRF had built and sold a Custom Nomad on EBAY. I found it interesting, he used trim Monokote for the silver color on his rocket!

No comments:

Post a Comment