Thursday, July 2, 2015

Estes Crossbow SST #7207, Finished













I bought this one back in 2009 when WalMart was selling them as boxed kits. It was cheap, probably only $6.00 or $7.00 dollars. With Estes bringing back the kit, I pulled it from the build pile.

The design is downscale based on the discontinued Satellite Interceptor. On the Crossbow SST, the smaller tubes are missing on the outside edges of the wings.
It's a great looking BT-20 based model. This older version has two lower fins (with the F-00339 decal) making it a five fin position model.
The larger Satellite Interceptor had red and black decals instead of the purple and black.
In the third picture, that tube wrapped canopy decal was a major design element.
You'll never see me lose this one on a C6-5!

1 comment:

  1. Nice build. I just got my crossbow in the mail. I'll see if I can make mine look just half as good as yours. I hope you're still planning to release your fin tool. I'm really looking forward to that

    ReplyDelete