Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Estes Mercury Redstone #1921 Build Part 26, Still More Decal Questions

I don't know what this decal is for!
It's the same length as the 1/4" middle band so I assume it simulates the bolts in the band right above the fins.
The dashed line looks too thin. The older instructions say it's 1/8" wide. For right now I'll just add a line of black from some old decal sheets.




Here's the fins from the Mercury Redstone on display at KSC.
Check out the bolt band recess right above the fins.

The pull out plugs (lower right side) are raised a bit above the end of the body!




I added the low 1/8" black band to the decal sheet.
Below the solid black band is the band with the bolts. I tried to make them look 3D.

I'll use the simpler 1/8" black band cut from an old decal sheet.
I make no guarantee that the second bolt wrap will fit or be evenly spaced. I've printed up too many decal sheets trying to get the other stuff close.

If you have one of the pinkish, MR7 decal sheets in your kit, the PDF is now available if you print your own decals.
If you are a Patreon supporter, email me at: oddlrockets@bellsouth.net and request the Mercury Restone decal PDF.

PLEASE NOTE: The line thickness of the MR8 boxes may vary on your PDF decal sheet. This is typical of some PDFs. That's why there are extras, pick the best ones for the model.
The two lowest 1/8" wide bolt wraps may also have varying shading thicknesses. Again this is a PDF thing. If it doesn't look right to you, use the plain black band above it.

No comments:

Post a Comment