Friday, July 3, 2015

FlisKits Mecury Redstone Decal Fix and Finished

On one side of my FlisKits Mercury Redstone the UNITED STATES decals transferred fine. On the other side, the word UNITED broke apart.

After redrawing the larger and thinner font for the new Estes Mercury Redstone I decided to fix the bold decals on the Flis version.
The black band separating the UNITED STATES didn't reach all the way around the BT-5 body. That would also be home printed.

I first tried masking tape to lift the old decals but these were really stuck!
It took some gentle scraping with my knife to remove them.




I simply reduced the large UNITED STATES from the redraw I did for the Estes kit. (The new release Estes Mercury Redstone is coming up!)

The UNITED STATES decal font in the Flis version was also too bold.



The black band was placed first, the UNITED STATES was placed on either side.

Why is a Copyright notice going through the picture?
Some vendors use my pictures to sell their kits. I'm just tired of being ripped off without (at least) a name credit.

Now the build can be considered finished!
The weight of the UNITED STATES decal isn't as bold and closer to scale.
The plastic tower spike broke off a while back. I'll replace it someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment