Sunday, July 26, 2015

Estes Mercury Redstone Kit Decal Fix

This isn't a repeat post, but an update.
I received a comment from Steve Stokes -

Steve Stockes July 25, 2015 at 8:46 p.m.

I just received my kit on Monday and 
The decals show MR8 and the red looks ok. 
From my experiences Estes has great customer service. I ordered my kit from Tower Hobbies. Back ordered for 3 months. When it finally arrived Monday, the body tube was damaged beyond repair so I contacted Estes to see if I could purchase a new tube. The new tube showed up yesterday, no charge. Mike at Estes said they were a sister company to Tower so they help correct any issues with them.
From the previous post:
On the inside front cover of the July/August issue of Sport Rocketry is the new Estes full page ad.
Look close at the inset picture. The MR7 decals have been replaced with MR8 decals.
This might indicate new decals in the next run of kits.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't find any white "Liberty Bell 7" or "United States" decals in my kit for the capsule. They are shown on the "card" illustration. Is the kit supposed to contain these decals? If not, why call it a Liberty Bell 7 model? (Frustrating!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Flatlander,
      The separate capsule from Estes: http://www.estesrockets.com/034125-mercury-redstone-capsule-plastic-parts
      doesn't include the decals.
      The white Liberty Bell "crack" and the white UNITED STATES should be on the large Mercury Redstone kit (001921) decal sheet. They are white and hard to see on the white decal backing sheet.

      Delete