Friday, August 5, 2016

California Trip, August 5 - 12


I'll be in California from today, Friday August 5 - August 12 visiting family and enjoying some cooler weather.

My Mother doesn't have internet so blog posts might be sporadic. Counting this there is four posts today, if I can't get internet for the next few days. So, scroll down to see all of it.
(Don't forget to click on an ad!)

On this map I'll be in the center of the Monterey Bay in my hometown of Watsonville, between Santa Cruz and Big Sur.
Watsonville is where the banana looking thing is. That's a banana slug, why they put that on this map is beyond me. Ugly things, not what the Monterey Bay is known for.

7 comments:

  1. I was in Monterey two weeks ago the Soberanes fire was 10% contained. I'm going to Salinas this weekend for a quinceanera and I just read the fire was 27% contained!!! It burned something like 80 square miles. It was very evident, in the sky, just two weeks ago... Hopefully Watsonville (on the coast) is clear, but I doubt Salinas will be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Scott,
      Thanks for the fire update. I've been watching the news. Family tells me there is some smoke in the air. I'm looking forward to the cooler weather and no real humidity.

      Delete
  2. We'll miss seeing you tomorrow Chris. My Up Cup will be getting its maiden flight. Any tips on making it a successful one? Oh, and the banana slug is the mascot of UC Santa Cruz, so maybe that is why it was decided to put it on the map.

    ReplyDelete
  3. UCSC (University of California, Santa Cruz) has a banana slug as a mascot
    http://www.ucsc.edu/about/mascot.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just left the Fire line coming back to Southern California. Enjoy your trip the weathers great. Takes some quality pictures of your old builds.

    ReplyDelete