Thursday, August 18, 2016

Enerjet News, Mercury Little Joe I, Part 13, Body Decal & Trim




Running down the main body is the strangest looking stencil work I've ever seen. This stencil lines aren't shown in the Enerjet News plan. You'll find it in internet searches or the James Duffy model.
I took a standard bold font and divided each letter with small white lines.

Check out the "I" in UNITED. When setting type vertically some letters don't end up centered. This is the same way the "I" ended up in the vertical decals in the last Estes Saturn V kit.
It doesn't take much work to move the letters a little right or left.




At the top of the body tube is a wrap decal I assume is some kind of capsule clamps.

The body tube circumference was divided and the wrap drawn.






Here's one example of an online picture showing the stenciled name and decor.

No comments:

Post a Comment