Monday, August 1, 2016

Enerjet News, Mercury Little Joe I Background




This Enerjet Newsletter goes back to 1973.
There was some news on Enerjet products but most of the issue dealt with semi-scale models. A Thor Delta and Mercury Little Joe models were featured.
To see the issue, CLICK HERE
The semi scale Mercury Little Joe used the Mercury Redstone capsule now used in the current Estes Mercury Redstone kit.
I've wanted to build this one since 1973. Estes sells the Mercury and Apollo capsules separately from the kits now. The Mercury Redstone capsule is: CLICK HERE 
Note: The white capsule decals are not included in the parts package.

The article says you could launch this with an E24-7. Thanks, I'll stay with a C6.

Another one to scratch off my rocket bucket list. The build starts in the next post. I'll be covering some capsule and tower details I may have missed before.

3 comments:

  1. My last order from Estes I saw that and though naaaaw, when would I need that. Capsule is only 6.99 but shipping is > $10, it will have to wait for my next order - when the new stuff is available. BTY is that a BT70 part?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe it's an ST20 (Centuri/Semroc series 20) part. Not to be confused with bt-20. ERockets carries old Semroc series 20 tubes. I built the Enerjet Little Joe a few months ago after seeing the plans on this blog. Flew it once on a B motor, nice and straight. Will try an E on next flight ( installed 24 mm mount and added 2 oz. nose weight per plan instructions).

      BAR Geezer

      Delete
    2. Scott and BAR Geezer,
      You are right, the capsule fits the ST-20 (2" diameter) body tube. Estes doesn't have it available separately from the MR kit. You can get it from BMS or ERockets.

      Delete