Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Estes Starship Nova #1371 Build, Part 13, Engine Housings Paint

This is the engine halves after sanding down the interior seam fills. (Yep, I can hear you now - "Why fill the interior seams? Nobody will see them!)
The interiors were spray painted gloss white, then sanded.
TIP: To properly "glow" fluorescent paints require an opaque white undercoat.





I didn't use a spray paint this time. I found some fluorescent orange acrylic at Michael's crafts. It was a good match for the orange decals.

The first coat was brushed on. It seemed a little rough and showed the brush strokes. I lightly sanded with 400 grit.

The next two coats were applied using a fingertip.



That seemed to smooth it out. On the left is the finished interior orange.

On the right I scraped off the edge to glue on the end caps.

No comments:

Post a Comment