Sunday, August 27, 2017

Intake Cones Part 2, TIP




All the scoring before the actual split gives you two clean halves.

The split flat side is cleaned up a bit using a sanding block.






The cones have to fit the contour of the body tube.
I wrapped some 220 around the tube and sand back and forth in a straight line.

Here's a good fit against the main air frame tube.





How it ends up - the nose cone shoulder isn't seen inside the intake.

The intake nose cones will end up being custom made by BMS. There aren't any available nose cones in the length and shape needed for this kit application.

2 comments:

  1. Looks great. I'm wondering if your work area is inside or outside of the home? How do you handle the dust? And do you spray paint outside or in a ventilated separate area inside the home? With me seems like the dust gets everywhere. Good thing I'm not married.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi BAR,
      I work indoors for the most part. 90% of the work is done on my kitchen table. There is some dust but it's not bad. I spray paint outside. I have an enclosed patio with a high wall that blocks any wind. If I were married everything would have to be cleaned up and put away after a build session. (That's probably why I didn't build a model for the 18 years I was married!)

      Delete