Friday, December 22, 2017

True Modeler's Rocket Kits NASA Scout Build, Part 11, Paint!

Crap!
I've been able to live with the inconsistency of the Rusto 2X Gloss White. Lately I've had too many bad results.

Because of my recent California trips, this model had three weeks to dry before I tried to apply a finish coat. Enlarge the picture and you can see the wrinkles.

I like that the Rusto 2X paints cover quickly without too many coats. Have they changed the formula again? Luckily it sands easily.

2 comments:

  1. Seems like the Rusto 2X white and yellow have the wrinkling problem. Had to reshoot my Mega Mosquito in spots 3 or 4 times to get a decent finish. Switched to Valspar primer + paint. No more wrinkles. It smells sweet though, like candy. Might not be a good thing...brain damage. Laters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi BAR,
      Somebody else suggested Valspar paint. I tried it but it took forever to dry! I didn't like the spray button on the Valspar can.

      Delete