Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Quest Striker AGM Build, Background


It was bound to happen sooner or later, I've built this model before on the blog.
I really like this design, the Quest Stryker AGM.
My original has 14 flights on it. The first build was done in 2011.
It's the perfect size for the schoolyard with a B6-4 or a C6-5 launch at the large NEFAR field.
The new 18mm Quest Q-Jet C12 and D16 engines offer more possibilities.



Bob Sanford wrote that this one goes back to the original Enertek line. Grant Boyd did the design. I just might paint the new one in the Enertek decor. To see the Enertek catalog listing: CLICK HERE 

I'll be making some upgrades to the kit, including the engine mount using new Odd'l Rockets heavy wall BT-20H tubing. In the "Search" this new build will be listed as Q Striker AGM 2.





This kit was bought on Ebay from a group called Wise Guy Hobbies. They sent the kit in a padded envelope, the tube was badly bent. Wise Guy Hobbies would not refund or work with me to replace the tube. Luckily I found a 18" long Quest 35mm tube left over from the old Odd'l Rockets Squatty Body kits.

4 comments:

  1. A hobby shop should know better. If they don't want to work towards customer satisfaction then I would reflect that in an unfavorable eBay review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought one off eBay about 6 months ago. I was given a 3” Nike Smoke nose cone and thought “upscale”! I mostly wanted the kit to use as a reference for making the upscale. I’ve never seen one built. I’ll be interested in your completed build. My time for the foreseeable future will be consumed building the Estes Saturn V.
    By the way, your Saturn V Build Guide is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tracked one of these down because of your last build, and the decor on all the Enertek vaporware was nice.

    ReplyDelete