Friday, September 14, 2018

Sandman's Rocket Naming Contest!

On YORF, Gordon (sandmandecals.com) posted that he is selling a lot of unopened kits.
He posted a picture of his clone builds using the PNC-50SP nose cone.

"Actually I heard, I may be wrong but the PNC 50SP cone was actually a Centuri cone but I have no confirmation on that. Below are pics of my clones...well, some of them. Can anybody identify all of the models I have in the pics???
Anyone who can identify all of the models shown gets a free kit with free shipping!!!"



I went to John Brohm's ESTES NOSE CONE / KIT LIST REFERENCE
To see it, CLICK HERE It's a great reference for anyone who builds clones.
I scrolled down to page 15 to the kits that used the PNC-50SP nose cones.
then it was off to Ninfinger's for an hour of catalog searches.

There were only two models I couldn't find. The red/orange rocket on the left turned out to be a scratch build. I recognized the stubby black, gray and orange model in the back row but couldn't remember where I've seen it.

Here's my guesses:
Back row against wall, left to right:
1861 Sky Tracer, 1946 Star Hawk, (Gray, black) Unknown, 1345 Dragon Ship 7, 1339 Patrol Cruise Excalibur
Front row, left to right:
(Red) Unknown, 1371 Starship Nova, 1364 Falcon Commander, 1909 USSF Fireflash, 1933 X-16, 1988 Argosy, 5348 Centuri Spacemaster


5X7 posted: "Along with those, the gray and black one is the rocket from Radar Men in the Moon (Commander Cody)"

5X7 and I both won a kit! Thanks Gordy! It might show up as a build on this blog.

3 comments:

  1. You sure did the bulk of the work and I am glad he recognized you (I'm 5x7) I searched his old threads to get the other two.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi 5X7,
      It didn't occur to me to go back to Gordon's previous builds to find the other two. Congrats on winning a kit.
      When I sent Gordon my address I asked about another rocket he might have for sale later on. He had it and I sent a check for the one I asked about. Both the prize rocket and this other model will be sent out in the same box - no shipping charge!

      Delete