Friday, September 28, 2018

Quest Striker AGM Build, Part 10, Masking


This is a relatively easy mask.
The body is light gray, the nose cone is red. The lower body is dark gray.

I could have painted the nose cone an overall red but decided to mask off the low taper near the shoulder. It's a little tricky to get the Scotch tape mask in a straight line and takes a few tries to get it in line.



I probably should have did a white undercoat but figured the light gray underneath would be okay.
Here's the nose cone after the tape mask was pulled. I got a very clean mask line.



Right above the lower fins is another easy tube circumference mask.








I used the same Rust 2X Arctic Gray paint I used on the Dragon Ship 7 model. The darker gray looks better on this model.

Above this mask line will be red, white and blue bands like in the Enertek catalog picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment