Monday, July 15, 2019

Centurion Project, Part 9, Ends & Edges

The larger Centurion has two 3/16" launch lugs.
On the left is a typical applied line of glue.
TIP: On the right I've placed my thumb and index finger into a "V" shape. This V is run down the glue line evening it up and removing excess. This helps get a cleaner glue joint before fillets are applied.
You can also use the V shaping of glue lines on the root edges of fins before setting them on the body tube.




The lower body is ready for the white paint.






TIP: Try not to let the sandpaper roll over a squared fin edge.
My middle finger is rolled over the outside edge of the fin and acts as a "bumper" preventing the sandpaper from rounding off the sharp fin edge.




This Centuri style baffle was already assembled from a few years back.

I didn't like the 1/4" elastic shock cord, it was an open weave when stretched out. It didn't look as strong as normal kit elastic.
I had to slide a single edge razor blade under the cap piece to remove it. Some new, stronger 1/4" black elastic was tied on and the cap glued back on.

1 comment:

  1. I bought that knitted elastic once by accident, not realizing the difference from braided elastic. It now sits unused.

    Got a chuckle out of the V-shaping of the glue beads... I always do that and in addition to its effectiveness I find it very satisfying. :)

    ReplyDelete