Thursday, July 25, 2019

Dryer Sheet Wadding?

From the Facebook Estes Model Rocketry page:

Mark E. Johnson asked:
"Has engine thought about using crepe paper party streamers for recover wadding? Back in the day I don’t think it was fire proof/resident but these days I’m thinking it might be.

Matt Matt posted:

I like leftovers on the field from previous launches, but my go to is dryer sheets from the dollar store. Perfect for the application.

I use flame resistant crepe paper wadding all the time.

EDIT UPDATE: I just found two (old) dryer sheets. I didn't even know I had them. Single guys don't use fabric softener sheets, that's a married thing.
Anyway - I held a match under the dryer sheet and it easily melted! It didn't go up in a flash, but it did melt. Matt Matt may be using a different brand than I just tried.

No comments:

Post a Comment