Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Well, I've Never Seen This Before!

Isn't it a "Right Of Passage?"
We've all cut our fingers with a hobby knife. Practice makes close! The more experience you have, the less we cut our fingers.

Years back at the Print Shop I heard a paste-up artist let out a yell. An X-Acto knife had rolled down the angled drawing board and stuck in her thigh! These Kevlar finger cots can't help a fast rolling knife.

I've been using an X-Acto knife since I was five years old. But then again our 1960s based toys involved unsupervised toy making hot plates and wood burning sets.

This product obviously comes from China. I like the photo: "Let's see if they work by dragging a sharp knife over a protected finger!"
I don't quite understand why the F, S, P and Ts are highlighted in yellow.
Before somebody corrects me, I have seen finger protection used in wood carving.
To see the Ebay listing: CLICK HERE

1 comment:

  1. Full gloves made of the same material would make more sense to me. Less chance of the individual digits rolling down your fingers.

    ReplyDelete