Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Semroc USS Andromeda KV-97, Part 1, Parts


As I mentioned before - 
The two main, smaller diameter body tubes are the thicker walled ST-7 tubing.
The other BT-50 style tubes look to be thicker walled ST-9 tubes.
When I got the parts last year, the decals weren't included - yet. The new production kits do have decals and embossed metallic trim.

Parts of interest:
A Midget style BNC-50J style nose cone
What do ya' know - An Odd'l Rockets Parachute!
In the center are some laser cut thick cardboard rings and trim pieces.
BIG Balsa wing fins.
Two round end tapered toothpicks. The original Estes kit had dowels.
In the middle bottom is an old style black fish paper coupler. There is a hole for the Kevlar tie.
On the far right is a clever system of fin and body tube alignment tools.

1 comment:

  1. This is one of my all time favorite kits. I built this kit when ESTES had it out. I flew it a couple times but the tubes were weak and it didn't hold up well. I hope the ST-7,and 9 tubes make a difference. My build skills are a little better now also. I'm sure I will learn something from your build.

    ReplyDelete