Thursday, March 19, 2020

NARCON 202 Manufacturer's Forum

On TRF, Winston posted a link to the 2020 NARCON Maunfacturer's Forum. The video was produced by Apogee. CLICK HERE

At 0:01 - AEROTECH - Available in the Fall, Q-Jets will also be made using White Lightning propellant .
At 7:16 - APOGEE - New Sanding Tee, New Version 10 of RockSim,
At 13:10 - ESTES - Skylab Saturn V (Avail, Thanksgiving)  Both Skylab and Apollo 11 capsule and tower included. New digital Astrocam, video with sound. Available Labor Day. New, "next generation"  Solar Starter (Igniter) The clear dip goes away, replaced with an new "energetic" gray tip. Available second half of this year.
C5-3 Engines available in May. C5-0 boosters on the way.
At 31:11 - IMPULSE LAUNCH SYSTEMS - launch Controllers
At 35:02 - NORTH COAST ROCKETRY - New parachutes, Ailfoil Assistance Tool, New Vectra kit, Argo D4 kit (3D printed parts), F-117 Stealth pop-pod boost glider,
At 46:11 - GALACTIC MANUFACTURING - Small run parts production for vendors, Custom laser cutting, 3D printed parts.
At 50:21 - SEMROC / EROCKETS - Kit news, Upgrade coupler/bulkheads, New Micro Jayhawk.

4 comments:

  1. Gotta have the new Saturn, although I have 3-4 in storage! Great to know C5-3 is coming in May. Really glad a C5-0 is also on the way. New Solar Starter is good news for the masses. I re-dip current ones, so it is sort of a “don’t care” for me. I really like NCR’s F-117, hope the $117 price tag mentioned previously was a joke!

    ReplyDelete
  2. White Lighting Q-Jets. I think I find my new favorite LPR motor. I haven't flown one yet because I hate the Blackjack propellant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Metal,
      I just started using the Q-Jets. They are quieter than the black powder motors and have that dense dark gray smoke. I'm curious to try the White Lightning propellant now. On the video it's interesting that the Q-Jet Cs and Ds are the most popular. I had a feeling those would be the best sellers.

      Delete
  3. If I recall correctly, wasn't Estes going to release the same F117 some years ago themselves? Saw this in a '90s catalog, probably like 95 or so....and it too was to work the same way, with one elevon molded 'up' and the other held negative - "down", by a pod for boost. Thought this was supposed to be kit number 2117.

    ReplyDelete