Sunday, March 8, 2020

New Products at NARCON

On the NAR Facebook page - 
John Wilkerson posted some pictures from the NARCON Manufacturers Presentation. I'm sure there were other products, these seemed the most interesting.



Matt Steele with North Coasts’s upcoming release of the F117 Stealth boost glider.
"New for 2020 - F117 Stealth boost glider. Powered by an Aerotech E20-4, the model spirals up on boost, ejects a pop pod on a streamer, and gently glides back to earth. List price $117.00. Available late spring. Details to follow."




John Boren commented on YORF:
"Since I'm not exactly sure what Bill Stine is going to show at NARCON, I can only comment on two rockets I've seen in a photo on Face Book. The first rocket is the re-release of the 1/100 Scale Saturn V but this time it's the Sky Lab Version. In addition to the Sky Lab Version the Bonus is going to be the Upper Section of the original Saturn. The Inter Stage vacuum formed wrap has been corrected and there is a small jig piece to help align the fin\fairing while they are glued in place.

To the left is upcoming new Astro Cam Rocket. It's a BT-50 size model that has a small HD digital camera that fits into the side of the nose cone."




Here's the Estes display table - 
Sheesh! Is that a Space X model? On YORF, "Gus" confirmed: SpaceX Crew Dragon, no release date.
On the Saturn V box you can see two upper sections displayed, both are included in the kit.

I built the Low Boom SST, Leo Space Train, Orange Bullet, SideKick, low end of the Saturn V and maybe that Doorknob in the back. 

6 comments:

  1. Hi Chri!:

    Man, that dual purpose Saturn V looks like a winner. . .another one on the build pile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi JHall,
      I agree! I wasn't too hot on the Skylab, I was more interested in the Apollo 11 Moon rocket. They are very smart to include both!

      Delete
  2. Hey, we talked about the Saturn V wraps yesterday. I guess John took your comments to heart. I wonder if the new ones will be available for those if us who haven't built our 1969s yet.

    And that F-117, take my money now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Metal,
      I was surprised they asked for my input on the wraps.
      I would hope the updated wraps would be available when the new Saturn V / Skylab kit is released.

      Delete
  3. Chris, just wondering what the fins on the Doorknob are made of?
    -Bob

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bob,
      The fins are 1/8" thick, hard balsa. Laser cut, the TTW tabs are notched to lock onto the middle centering ring.

      Delete