Thursday, April 26, 2012

Centuri Vulcan Build Part 10 Rod Slot Cutting

NOTE: Doing an internal lug requires a long slot to be cut in the conical body. After the model was finished, I wished I had just glued the lug under a fin like the Centuri instructions showed.




With the motor mount tube pressed flush with the top of the cone body, the launch rod is pushed forward until it makes contact with the angled shroud.

I marked the intersection point with a pencil.




Using the rotary punch, a hole was made slight above the pencil mark.

With sharp scissors, the side lines of the slot were cut.

As mentioned before, I made a guess as to how long this slot would have to be to allow a launch rod to fit without binding. I was way off!



With the forward slot cut, glue the internal motor mount tube into the small end of the cone.

Look from the back and center the tube.
Be sure the launch lug is in line with the cone seam and the forward slot you just cut.

No comments:

Post a Comment