Thursday, April 26, 2012

Centuri Vulcan Build Part 9 Internal Tube Plan



Test fit the internal tube before gluing to the top of the cone.
My tube fit was too tight! I didn't want it to swell up the joint and break the glue joint.







I decided to cut away about 3/32" from the top of the cone.
This makes the opening wider and made for a good fit of the tube.




On this model, the 2" long launch lug will be glued to the back end of the motor mount tube. At the front end of the model, the launch rod will go through a slot cut in the cone end beneath the nose cone.

For a test fit, the launch lug was taped to the motor mount tube. A launch rod was slid through the lug.

NOTE: Doing an internal lug requires a long slot to be cut in the conical body. After the model was finished, I wished I had just glued the lug under a fin like the Centuri instructions showed.

No comments:

Post a Comment