Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Rustoleum Response to Cottage Cheese Spray

Here's my email to Rustoleum after having bad luck with a batch of 2X Gloss White:

Dated: March 30, 2012
Product used for: Model Rocket finishing

I use 2X Painter's Touch to finish models. After two bad cans of Gloss white (shot out like cottage cheese!) things seem to be back to normal again.
I'm trying to find a way to clean the nozzle caps. The 2X paint is thicker and seems to clog up the nozzles before the can is 1/2 used.
Are replacement caps available?

Rustoleum's response:

Thank you for contacting Rust-Oleum Product Support. We are very sorry for the frustration you went through while using our products. We went ahead and shipped you some nozzles for the painter's Touch spray cans. Also If you can turn the cans upside down and read us off the numbers stamped on the can, we can at least reimburse you for those 2 cans.

Thank You
Armando

I'm curious how many replacement nozzles they send.
I can't find replacement caps anywhere online that match the cap profile.
Only one of the bad cans remain, the first bad can was returned and exchanged.
I'll send the numbers from the bottom of the bad can I have for a refund.


This doesn't replace a bad paint job - but all things considered, Rustoleum Customer Support is doing their job.

No comments:

Post a Comment