Thursday, May 2, 2013

Fliskits Pheord X150 Build Part 8 Antenna Bending

I wanted to add the optional antennas, they remind me of the older saucer kits from Centuri. On the Centuri Flying Saucer, they were antennas on the way up and "landing gear" on the way down.
Double check how the antennas fit before doing any bending, they are a little confusing at first.
This is the hard part of the build and I can see why it is an option.



There is little room for deviation in the bends, you'll want all five antenna shapes to be consistent.

TIP: I made reference marks with a permanent marker on the end of my needle nosed pliers. Anytime a repeated bend was made I knew how far down to set the wire before the bend.



Start with the base of the antenna first, the wider "U" shape that locks under the fin base.
Finish up with the tight "safety" bend. It's easier to cut it off then finish the final tight bend.



All five antennas ready for gluing besides the root edges of the fins.

No comments:

Post a Comment