Sunday, May 19, 2013

Quest Raptor Build Part 19 Decals

Be very careful when cutting out the decals! There is some white type that is almost invisible against the white backing paper. Maybe that's why some kit decals are printed on a blue backing sheet.

Most decals went on easily, there were a few I didn't know where to place.
Unless I'm building a model for a manufacturer, I rarely put on company name decals like "Quest" or "Estes".
The TM letters were cut off the BIG Raptor name decal.
The word "Starcruiser" was cut off the big "QMR7" wing decal. I felt it was crowding the long rear wing elevon/No Step decal.
I left off a few others, this model is decal intensive. The design stands on it's own without that many BIG decals.

The decals were packed next to the instructions with no backing sheet.
Some of the ink from the instruction sheet had transferred onto the decals.

I was hoping the ink would come off when the decals were soaking but it didn't.
I ended up laying down the decals and lightly scraping off the transferred ink. It's not perfect but better than it would be if I left it as is.



There was one small "DO NOT TOUCH" decal. I checked the copy with a magnifying glass.
Here's what the small type said:

DO NOT TOUCH
Quest Starcruiser
Do not touch this rocket. 
This includes any sales people any kind. 
Only specific authorized personnel 
including Bill Stine and friends

No comments:

Post a Comment