Thursday, August 28, 2014

Old School Controller

From a rocket parts listing on EBAY: CLICK HERE was this do-it-yourself- controller.
This looks like something built from a page in the old Estes catalog Yellow Pages. Note the flip switch continuity and doorbell launch button.

Most of the other items weren't worth bidding on.
It was refreshing to see a simple but effective home-built controller.



Here's another D.I.Y. controller from the 1975 Centuri catalog.

I've always used manufacturer produced controllers.
A few friends made their own. As long as the battery was new they worked fine.

1 comment:

  1. I built my own. Three times, actually. The first was in the metal chassis of a slimline computer power supply; the second has a nice wooden case I made myself, and which I always use in my back yard. The third is a four position 12 volt system which can do drag races (one button fires from 1 to 4 rockets). But I don't have exposed works on any of mine.

    ReplyDelete