Wednesday, August 13, 2014

TIP - Metallic Paint and Humidity - NOPE!

I had great results with the Rustoleum Metallic paints earlier this year.
It seemed to be goof-proof. It dried fast, very shiny and no fingerprints!

In Florida, in August HUMIDITY it was a different story.
After sanding the first dull coat, the picture shows my second try.
I ended up lightly sanding this coat and spraying with Rusto Aluminum with much better results.

The aluminum isn't as shiny but I thought it would look better than the suggested gray.

2 comments:

  1. UGH! I'm having the same problem with metallic! Not only that, my other paints are bubbling. I can spray a coat and watch microscopic bubbles rise to the top of the paint like soda water. I have just about given up on painting anything until fall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lonnie,
    I'm hesitant to spray anything right now! It's just too hot and humid.

    ReplyDelete