Sunday, August 3, 2014

The Big Fix - Dr. Zooch Saturn V

After the last hard street landing, my older Zooch Saturn V was missing a fin. A few flights before that a nozzle had broken off. I didn't follow my rule of checking the landing area when flying a detailed model.

I always scan the pattern sheets for repairs or clones later on.
New nozzles were printed up and glued together. This time I made a few more extra nozzles for future repairs.
A new fin was cut from 3/32" balsa. All were sprayed with aluminum paint.




One of the other nozzles felt loose.
All the nozzles got additional fillets with white glue just to be safe.


The new nozzle was glued on beneath the "C" fin. You can see it's a little shinier than the nozzle below it. A few flights should dull it up.

The fin at the bottom is the new one. It fit right into what was left of the original glue fillet.

No comments:

Post a Comment