Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Decal Fix on the Teros Upscale

I could never figure out why the TEROS 2 decal looked so large on the white fin.
This Teros was pretty much a 200% upscale. The original was a BT-50 (.976") to a Quest 50mm tube. (1.97") I enlarged the decal size accordingly. The "2" decal on the fin felt crowded and too close to the leading and trailing edges.

Then it dawned on me -
I had purposely made the fins slightly smaller, the fin surface area was large on the BT-50 original.





The Teros 2 decal lifted pretty easily.
Even with a coat of Future on them I grabbed a corner and peeled it off.









Home print decal sizes are hard to gauge until they are in place on the model.
I printed up two pair, one that I thought was the correct new size, and another two smaller yet.

It's subtle, but it did make a difference.

On the left is the first, larger try.
On the right is the smaller final decal.
DONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment